The BIR Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging SIG is a multidisciplinary team of dedicated and passionate nuclear medicine physicians, radionuclide radiologists, radiologists, radiographers, technologists, clinical scientists/physicists, radiopharmacists, and other clinical practitioners.
The SIG promotes and facilitates teaching and research in nuclear medicine and molecular Imaging. The committee regularly organises scientific meetings to meet the educational needs of medical imaging professionals (from trainees through to consultants).
Image taken at the annual Theranostics event in 2019
UPDATE – COVID-19
We regret that due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation all educational events organised by our SIGs that were due to take place between 16 March and 10 September 2020 will be postponed until autumn 2020. Revised dates will be made available shortly. Check the Education and events page for further updates.
Latest SIG News – March 2020
The SIG had the first meeting of the year on 6 March 2020. – main items to note:
- The Annual SPECT CT event that took place in January went well and received good feedback.
- The bi-annual IDUG Molecular Radiotherapy Dosimetry event will take place in Oxford on 2 October 2020
- The next Theranostics Update is scheduled to take place on 21 January 2021.
- The SIG are planning an event of State-of-the-art nuclear medicine and pipeline industry developments. Taking place on 22 January 2021.
- They are looking at holding another Dementia event in autumn 2021.
PET CT webinar series launched in late 2019. Login to MyBir to view these.