The BIR Young Professionals and Trainee (YPAT) SIG is a dynamic and innovated group of talented and inspirational individuals. The YPAT includes radiologists, radiographers, medical scientists and medical students.
Management group members - read more
Latest News from the SIG - March 2021:
- We welcomed new Chair, Sally Zebari, who had taken over the role from Jim Zhong. Although Jim has stepped down from the role, he will be staying engaged with the SIG. We also say welcome to new joint vice-chairs, Andrew Nanapragasam and Meghavi Mashar, and to new SIG secretary, Cherry Sit.
- Our Top Tips Traineeconference went virtual in 2020 and worked really well. Held over three days, this format saw an almost 5 fold increase with 550 registrations across the three days. The events were free to BIR members and, if you missed it, you can access in our Online Learning Library.
- In light of this success, we have decided to continue with the virtual format for our 2021 conference – watch out for more details as the programme takes shape.
- The SIG talked about the BIR’S Sharing Platform and want to cross-reference material relevant to trainees so that it is more easily accessible. We will also look at what other resources would be useful to have uploaded on the platform. Please do let us know if you have ideas – simply reply to this email with your suggestions.
- Call out for radiographers and physicists - The YPAT management group is well represented by trainee radiologists, but we need to recruit student/trainee or early career radiographers and physicists. If you are interested in joining our dynamic group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a short bio and a statement telling us what you think you could offer the SIG.
Other BIR activities and resources
Keep in touch via LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter