The BIR Young Professionals and Trainee (YPAT) SIG is a dynamic and innovated group of talented and inspirational individuals. The YPAT includes radiologists, radiographers, medical scientists and medical students.
Management group members - read more
UPDATE - COVID-19
We regret that due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation all educational events organised by our SIGs that were due to take place between 16 March and 10 September 2020 will be postponed until autumn 2020. Revised dates will be made available shortly. Check the Education and events page for further updates.
Latest News from the SIG - January 2020:
The YPAT SIG had the first meeting of the year on 17 January. The management group needs to recruit a physicist and a radiographer. If you would like to be a part of this dynamic group, please contact email@example.com with a brief bio and a statement outlining what you think you could offer.
Main items of note are highlighted below:
- BIR’s Annual Congress 2019 was the most successful to date, with over 300 delegates.
- BIR’s Annual Congress 2020 is taking place on 5/6 November 2020 in London and once again there will be three streams over the two days:
- Day 1 – Musculoskeletal; AI and Workforce; Leadership and Burnout
- Day 2 – Acute Imaging; Oncology and advances in proton therapy; the future of imaging.
- This year BJR celebrates 125 years of publishing. This is being celebrated by commissioning a lot of special articles, starting with a paper on AI. The March issue is dedicated to Proton Therapy.
- The BIR has produced an excellent collaborative publication with the Chinese Society of Radiology on AI – this has now been published: BIR/CSR Special Publication.
- YPAT SIG Events planned for 2020:
- as always the popular events ‘Top tips for radiology interviews’ and ‘ST application mock interviews’ - dates in December tbc.
- The SIG hope to organise a radiographer focused meeting in 2020 – watch this space
- It’s awards season – the BIR offer a range of prizes – for more details on how to apply click here. Closing dates for applications: 30 April 2020.
Keep in touch via LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter