Members of the Management Group (top left), from left to right: Jeevan Kumaradevan, Lesley Honeyfield, Nick Woznitza, Christine Tang, Minal Jagtiani, Sri Redla, Lucy Stewart (BIR Committee Secretary), Ali Shah, Kannan Rajesparan (Chair), Suzanne Ryan, Stephen Townrow, Jonathan Cole, Ai-lee Chang, Mike Steward
UPDATE - COVID-19
We regret that due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation all educational events organised by our SIGs that were due to take place between 16 March and 10 September 2020 will be postponed until autumn 2020. Revised dates will be made available shortly. Check the Education and events page for further updates.
The Clinical Imaging SIG is a multidisciplinary group. We welcome radiologists, physicists and radiographers. The group promotes and facilitates teaching and research in clinical radiology and related fields.
The SIG organise one-day meetings on specific topics of current interest.
SIG news – January 2020
The first meeting of the year took place on 22 January 2020. Main items discussed were:
The SIG have some excellent events planned over the coming months. Sign up for your place now:
Once again the SIG will have a strong input to the BIR’s Annual Congress programme in 2020:
- The congress is taking place on 5/6 November 2020 in London
- Day 1 – Clinical Imaging stream will be on MSK. Other streams will be AI and Workforce and Leadership and Burnout
- Day 2 – Clinical Imaging stream will be on Acute Imaging. Other streams will be Oncology /New advances in proton therapy and the future of imaging.
- The Sharing Platform had launched towards the end of 2019 and was proving to be very popular with members. Over 220 resources are now available, including guidance documents, case studies, job descriptions and posters.
- The BIR has produced an excellent collaborative publication with the Chinese Society of Radiology on AI – this has now been published: BIR/CSR Special Publication.
- It’s awards season – the BIR offer a range of prizes – for more details on how to apply click here.