Enter this essay prize competition to make your radiology training or job applications stand out from the crowd.
All medical students, foundation doctors and core / speciality trainees (who are not already radiology trainees) are eligible.
Participants are invited to write an essay on the topic: "What is the solution to the workforce crisis in clinical radiology?"
1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes will be awarded. Each winner will receive a certificate and free access to one BIR virtual event.*
*The chosen event must take place within one year of prize acceptance. All third party/joint events are excluded.
DOWNLOAD THE FLYER HERE
- The competition is open to BIR members only
- All medical students, foundation doctors and core / speciality trainees (who are not already radiology trainees) are eligible.
- Maximum word limit (for the essay content) is 1,000 words
- Winning essays will be uploaded to the BIR Sharing Platform (trainee section)
- Essays will be anonymised for the judging panel – please ensure your name or place of work are only referred to in the applicant information section on the form
- Please note that any use of AI to write the essay (e.g. ChatGPT, etc) is prohibited and will not be accepted.
- Please submit using the Application Form
- Application to be submitted to email@example.com
- Closing date for applications is 24 September 2023
Winner of the 2019 award
Dr Tim Burnett, from Southampton General Hospital, was awarded complimentary entry to the BIR 'Top Tips for Radiology Interviews'' event on 9 December 2019. He is pictured receiving his award from one of the event's speakers, Professor Duncan Ettles, Consultant Interventional Radiologist at Hull and East Yorkshire NHS Trust.
Read his award winning essay entitled How to get the radiologist out of the shadows