Application information for the 2020 prize will be updated in due course.
- Participants are invited to write an essay (title to be agreed)
- The maximum word limit is 1000 words
- All medical students, foundation doctors and core trainees are eligible
- Participants must register for the event prior to submitting their application
- The winner will have their delegate fee reimbursed for the Top Tips for Radiology Conference and the winning essay will be published on the BIR website.
Winner of the 2019 award
Dr Tim Burnett, from Southampton General Hospital, was awarded complimentary entry to the BIR 'Top Tips for Radiology Interviews'' event on 9 December 2019. He is pictured receiving his award from one of the event's speakers, Professor Duncan Ettles, Consultant Interventional Radiologist at Hull and East Yorkshire NHS Trust.
Read his award winning essay entitled How to get the radiologist out of the shadows