Educational Events Sales and Online Security Policy
The quickest way to register for an event is via our online registration page.
Places are allocated on a first come first served basis. Provisional bookings cannot be made so please book early to avoid disappointment. The BIR advises that travel or accommodation should only be booked once registration is confirmed.
Once your online booking has been submitted you will receive email confirmation. If you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours of registering there may be a problem with your online booking. In this case, it is very important that you contact the events team as soon as possible on + 44 (0)20 3668 2226 to ensure that your booking is processed successfully.
go to top
Online registrations can be made with credit/debit card only. This is our preferred method of payment and is the quickest way to register.
We can accept payment via cheques (made payable to The British Institute of Radiology). The cheque should be sent to us via post with a completed registration form.
The BIR is unable to invoice and we do not accept payment via BACs transfer. Payment must be received before a booking can be made and confirmation of registration issued.
go to top
Visa applications - confirmation of event attendance
Do you need confirmation of your registration to attend a BIR event or conference to assist in your visa application? This section explains what we do and do not provide in terms of your visa application.
Firstly, it is important to check your visa requirements before you book a place at the event or conference and before you travel. Check this at: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
Once you haveregistered and paid for the event, we will send you two emails including confirmation of your registration with dates and places of the events and confirmation of the payment of registration fee to support your visa application. We do not issue invitation letters as such. Please bear in mind that it is your responsibility to apply for a visa.
We advise that you start your visa application process as early as possible to ensure it is awarded in good time to travel for the event or conference.
Once your online booking for the event or conference has been submitted to us, your confirmation emails should arrive instantly. If you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours of registering there may be a problem with your online booking. In this case, it is very important that you contact the events team as soon as possible to ensure that your booking is processed successfully. Events team: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone + 44 (0)20 3668 2226.
We do not accept any responsibility for the your visa application, this is between you and the visa office and British Institute of Radiology confirmation of registration does not guarantee your visa will be approved.
In the event that your visa is denied or not received in time, any refunds will be subject to our standard cancellation conditions. (Cancellation policy - http://www.bir.org.uk/education-and-events/terms-and-conditions/#CancellationPolicy)
go to top
Within 24 hours of booking
Registrations can be cancelled within 24 hours of booking and a full refund will be issued.
Up to two weeks before the event
Registrations can be cancelled with confirmation in writing up to two weeks prior to the event to be eligible for one of the below options:
- A refund of the total fee paid less 25% administration costs
- Transfer of registration fee to a single alternative eligible event* within 12 months of the cancellation. (*Subject to availability. The registration fee for the new event must be of equal or higher value)
Less than two weeks before the event
No refunds or transfers can be made at this point.
Delegate change: If you are unable to attend, a colleague of equivalent membership status can attend in your place. This must be confirmed in writing up to one week prior to the event.
go to top
Prizes and competitions
If you have been awarded a free place at a BIR Education event the following terms and conditions apply:
- The free place at a BIR Educational event MUST be claimed within 12 months of the year it was awarded
- The free place is applicable to an internal BIR Educational event only. External meetings (i.e. collaborative event organised by a sister society) will incur the booking fee of the organising party
- The free place cannot be claimed against special or multi-day events (such as the BIR Annual Congress, UK MRI Course, or BIR/DMCI “Hands-On” training series)
- The free place can be allocated to a friend or colleague if the winner is unable to attend any events within the time frame stated above
go to top
We take security very seriously and we use one of the strongest available security systems to protect your communications with us. Whenever you fill in an online form such as an event application or entry of credit card details, it is automatically protected using something called a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) between your computer and ours. SSL works in the following ways:
- It prevents impersonation - you can tell that you are using a genuine SSL site by the padlock symbol at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on either the padlock or the image at the foot of each page will reveal our Registration Certificate that is issued by Thawte, a recognised and leading internet security company.
- It encrypts data - as soon as your computer has recognised our computer they encrypt all information that is passed between them. Data encryption means that no one else can read or change your information as it travels over the internet.
- It prevents scrambling - SSL uses a Message Authentication Code (MAC) to prevent anyone tampering with our internet site. Your computer will always check this code before it takes a message from us. This means that if anyone tried to interfere with a message, your computer would not recognise the code and would alert you.
go to top