Terms and conditions of Young Investigators Prize
- The Award is made annually to the author of the best paper by a younger investigator published in The British Journal of Radiology during the calendar year.
- The paper must be a "Full Paper" according to the Journal's criteria - not a technical note, short communication etc.
- The sole author, or first-named author of a multi-author paper, must be under the age of 35 when the paper is first submitted.
- First-named authors under the age of 35 are asked to indicate that they are eligible for the Award when the paper is submitted.
- Only papers that are accepted by both referees at the first submission, either without change or with only minimal changes (AccMin) will be eligible for consideration.
- Short listing is by the Members of the BIR Publications Committee. The definitive choice for the award is made by the Honorary Editors, whose decision is final.
- The value of the Award is £250. There will also be a certificate.