The BIR/Siemens research bursary is awarded in memory of Sir James Mackenzie Davidson, a pioneer in British radiology.
This pump priming award has been set up to provide initial financial support to enable researchers to develop proposals with the aim of attracting further funding from external sources. The research must be in the fields of radiology, radiotherapy, oncology, radiography or medical physics.
Announcing the winner of the 2017 award
This has been awarded to Dr Susan Shelmerdine and team to provide funding for a feasibility study testing the technique and practicality of post-mortem unltrasound guided core biopsies in the setting of perinatal death investigation.
Dr Shelmerdine was presented with her award at the UKRCO conference on 13 June 2017. She is pictured here with Peter Harrison, MD of Siemens Healthineers.
- To provide pump-priming an award of £1000 is available
- Applicants must submit a brief outline of the intended research project with their application
- Applicants must be BIR members
- Applications and outlines will be judged by the Awards and Prizes Committee
- The award will be given at the BIR Annual Congress but can also be given at other suitable scientific meetings.
Applications for the 2018 award close on 31 December 2017.
Application Form and Guidelines
2016 Dr Luke Dixon & Co
2015 Dr Karen Eley