13 October 2015
We would like to thank Professor David Bradley for his dedication and guidance to BJR during his term as Editor-in-Chief (scientific). David has been the Editor-in-Chief for BJR since 2012.
David has been at the helm of BJR during a period of major developments for the journal and his solid leadership during these changes has been invaluable. Some of the improvements to BJR during his time as Editor-in Chief include:
- BJR increasing its journal impact factor by 66%
- moving to continuous publication, reducing acceptance to final publication times by 94%
- introducing an open access option, BIR|Open, for our authors
- launching the new journals website for a more user friendly experience for our readers
- digitising the full BJR archive with articles going back to 1896
- helping shape the new look BJR editorial board.
It has been an honour to work with David and we wish him all the best in his future endeavours.