We are looking for a medical physicist or clinical scientist to join the BIR Accreditation Committee.
This new committee has been set up to establish and monitor standards for all of its education and CPD activities including events, courses, webinars and on-line learning units.
The committee consists of a multidisciplinary team of members who provide a strategic balance of expertise and interest in education development, delivery and quality assurance.
What’s in it for you?
• The satisfaction of “giving back” your knowledge and expertise
• The opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of colleagues and share ideas and good practice
• The chance to gain experience of committee work
• The opportunity to undertake activity that contributes to your professional development
What’s involved for you
You will meet with the committee three times a year on a face-to-face basis and you will be expected to attend all meetings. Additional committee work is undertaken via videoconference / teleconference / electronic arrangement as required. The term of office is typically three years.
Who should apply?
We welcome applications from BIR members and non-members; if a non-member is selected they will be required to subscribe as a full member before being appointed to the committee.
• You will have an understanding of current professional and educational policies and practices relevant to your profession
• You will have experience of developing, delivering and monitoring the quality of a variety of educational activities
• You will have expertise, professional knowledge and organisational ability to get involved in developing standards for approval of a variety of educational activities
• You will have experience of, and support, multidisciplinary work and education
How to apply
Simply forward a copy of your CV along with an expression of interest statement to BIR.email@example.com
In your statement outline why you wish to join this committee and how your knowledge and experience would enable you to contribute to the committee work. Closing date: 23 November 2014
If you have any queries please contact Sarah Adibi, Joint Head of Education, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the BIR visit www.bir.org.uk