The BIR Young Professionals and Trainee (YPAT) SIG is a dynamic and innovated group of talented and inspirational individuals, carefully selected from the multidisciplinary trainee community through open meritocratic competition. The YPAT includes radiologists, radiographers, medical scientists and medical students. [Images above: the group hard at work and planning at the BIR offices]
Management group members - read more
Future of Radiology Essay Prize
We are delighted to announce the winner of the 2018 essay competition - Dr Fiona McCurdie. Please visit Future of Radiology Essay Prize to see Fiona receiving her award and to read her excellent essay on 'The role of the radiologist in 2040'.
Latest News from the SIG - June 2018:
The SIG talked about the BIR’s Annual Congress for 2018 and were given details on the final programme. This promises to be an excellent event and will cover three streams each day:
- Day 1: MSK and Trauma Imaging; Oncology; Radiation Protection
- Day 2: Gastrointestinal, urological and trauma imaging; Artificial Intelligence; advanced clinical practice and leadership management.
They also talked about the new Leadership Event that the BIR are planning to launch in 2019. Ideas for topics and speakers for the event were welcomed from all SIG members.
The event on ‘Artificial Intelligence in Imaging’ that took place earlier this year, had sold out and received excellent feedback for education content and value. Read a review of the event here. A repeat event is planned for 29 March 2019.
If you haven’t already, book your place now at these upcoming events:
- Top tips for radiology interviews – 101218. Once again there will be an essay prize with participants invited to write an essay with the title “The role of the radiologist in the year 2040: discuss.” Submit your essay to win a free place at the conference by 5 October 2018.
- ST application mock interviews – 111218
- The SIG are also looking to run a course covering the FRCR 2A exam course. This would be a collaborative effort with other SIGs and the BIR’s North Branch.
Keep in touch via LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
Join the group
The YPAT SIG aims to reach out to all student, trainees and young professionals with an interest in medical imaging and creates new and exciting initiatives and opportunities targeted at trainees' needs. In addition, it provides important guidance and consultation to help steer the BIR's strategic planning for the future and ensure it stays fit for purpose.
We welcome application from BIR members who would like to join the Management group of this SIG. To ensure a good multi-disciplinary mix, we are keen to enrol a clinical oncology specialist registrar, physicist or radiographer to the group. To express your interest, please complete the online form here.