We are delighted to introduce our brand new Leadership and Management Special Interest Group . Chaired by Dr Elizabeth Loney this SIG will develop and deliver educational events and materials aimed at those professionals in the multidisciplinary team who are working or looking towards management and leadership roles.
Read an interview with Elizabeth Loney here.
The SIG’s second meeting took place on 2 May 2019 and the main items discussed were:
- The Sharing Platform was progressing well and it was planned to launch this excellent new membership benefit in late September. This should prove to be a great help to members, giving access to a number of resources like guidance documents, policy documents and templates.
- They were advised about the online video project that was being developed. This is another exciting new project which will provide a series of online modules covering a variety of subjects. It is planned to launch the first module on Radiation Safety in January, followed by a module on dose, and one on MRI Safety.
- BJR – we are happy to report that the journal’s Impact Factor has increased to 1.939
- BIR Annual Congress 2019 – taking place on 7/8 November 2019 at etc Venues, County Hall London. Of particular interest to this SIG will be the stream ‘Management Matters’ on Day 2. Spaces are booking up fast so reserve your place soon!
We are excited to announce the SIG’s first educational event:
- Leadership 2020 – taking place on 31 January 2020 at the Royal Society of Medicine in London. This promises to be a great event and is aimed at everyone interested and involved in leadership across the imaging community. Book your place now!