We are delighted to introduce our brand new Leadership and Management Special Interest Group . Chaired by Dr Elizabeth Loney this SIG will develop and deliver educational events and materials aimed at those professionals in the multidisciplinary team who are working or looking towards management and leadership roles.
Read an interview with Elizabeth Loney here
SIG Management Group
Latest SIG news – August 2021
- We are delighted to announce that five new members are joining the SIG’s managing committee. They are: Dr Kath Halliday, Dr Sam Hare, Dr John Adu, Dr Helen McNair and Dr Elly Castellano.
- The SIG’s annual Leadership event is planned to take place on 7 February 2022. The programme is still being developed so watch out for more information soon.
- BIR Annual Congress 2021 – this will now take place online 4/5 November 2021 and once again there will be a stream on Leadership & Wellbeing. Click on the link to see the full programme and to book onto the congress.
- Call-out for BIR conference review editors – the BIR are looking for volunteers to review abstract submissions for BIR events.
- If you haven’t already, do take advantage of the BIR’s excellent video courses. Currently there are two courses available to purchase, discounted for BIR members: Radiation Safety 2021 and Dose 2021.
- You can now watch events that you may have missed with pay-to-view in the Online Learning Library. BIR Members enjoy special rates.
- BJR Impact Factor – this has increased by an astonishing 38% from 2.196 to3.039.
The author of this book is Professor Dirk Pickuth, an international BIR member who sits on the Management Group of the Leadership and Management SIG.
The book provides a unique first-hand perspective on healthcare leadership and management, from a practitioner, for practitioners.
Click here to read the reviews and find links to purchase the book.
All royalties from the sale of the book will be donated to the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity.