We are delighted to introduce our brand new Leadership and Management Special Interest Group . Chaired by Dr Elizabeth Loney this SIG will develop and deliver educational events and materials aimed at those professionals in the multidisciplinary team who are working or looking towards management and leadership roles.
Read an interview with Elizabeth Loney here
SIG Management Group
The author of this book is Professor Dirk Pickuth, an international BIR member who sits on the Management Group of the Leadership and Management SIG.
The book provides a unique first-hand perspective on healthcare leadership and management, from a practitioner, for practitioners.
Click here to read the reviews and find links to purchase the book.
All royalties from the sale of the book will be donated to the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity.
Latest SIG news – March 2021
- Our Annual event ‘Leadership 2021’ took place on 8 February 2021. Highlights from this excellent event include Dr Kath Halliday talking about GIRFT, and Professor Mike Richards answering questions on the Richards Report. If you registered for the event at the time, you can watch for free now, but, if not, a ‘pay-per-view’ service will be available soon which will allow anyone to purchase on-demand access to past virtual events. There will be special discounts for BIR members.
- For the second time, the SIG contributed to the BIR’s Annual Congress and organised a brilliant stream on Leadership & Wellbeing which received excellent feedback and was the most popular stream of the congress. BIR members can access this for free by going to the Online Learning Library.
- The SIG will organise a stream again for the Congress in 2021.
Other BIR activities and resources
- The BIR has launched a series of video courses and the first two are now available to purchase: Radiation Safety 2021 and Dose 2021 Part 1 “Understanding the principles of optimisation and safety”. Dose 2021 Part 2 “Optimisation and safety in practice” will follow in a few weeks. Special rates for BIR members and group packages are available.
- Pre-funded Open access publishing- you can now publish your work in BJR or DMFR at no cost to you as long as the corresponding author is affiliated to a participating university. Find out more here.
- Visit the BIR sharing platform for a host of useful resources. The platform is a growing library of resources created by our community of practitioners and leaders from various disciplines working together to achieve professional excellence.