The BIR/Siemens research bursary is awarded in memory of Sir James Mackenzie Davidson, a pioneer in British radiology.
This pump priming award has been set up to provide initial financial support to enable researchers to develop proposals with the aim of attracting further funding from external sources. The research must be in the fields of radiology, radiotherapy, oncology, radiography or medical physics.
Closing date for next year's applications: 31 December 2016
The 2016 Award Winner
Dr Luke Dixon, Dr Susan Copley and Professor Geoff Parker won the 2016 award for their research project 'Oxygen- Enhanced MR Imaging of the Lungs: Evaluation in Pulmonary Hypertension'.. Luke Dixon was presented the award at UKRC - pictured here with Peter Harrison, Managing Director of Siemens, and Jacqueline Fowler, CEO of the BIR.
- To provide pump-priming an award of £1000 is available
- Applicants must submit a brief outline of the intended research project with their application
- Applicants must be BIR members
- Applications and outlines will be judged by the Awards and Prizes Committee
- The award will be given at the BIR Annual Congress but can also be given at other suitable scientific meetings.
How to apply for the 2017 award:
2015 Dr Karen Eley