Trainee membership is £40 per annum.
Members who have recently become consultants will be eligible for our "conversion plan" rate. This is just £100 for the first three years, after which the membership rate will be Plan 1 (£180) per annum.
We welcome the following trainees:
- Radiology and oncology trainees: medical graduates undertaking a five-year training course towards FRCR in clinical radiology or clinical oncology.
- Medical physicists: MSc students or graduates undertaking the IPEM Part 1 or Part 2 training, PhD students or MSc graduates within their first year as a clinical scientist/engineer.Applicants must be residing in the UK and enrolled on a UK-based training scheme.
- MSc, PhD or DProf students within the first year of graduation of a postgraduate programme.
- Junior doctors in their foundation years (FY1, FY2).
Membership is FREE for all full-time undergraduate students. We have also introduced a conversion plan for students who will be changing from student to BIR Membership Plan 2 (£70). This conversion plan subscription fee is just £35 for the first two years.
We welcome the following full-time students:
- Medical undergraduate students with an interest in medical imaging.
- Radiography undergraduates: undertaking either a three-year BSc or are within their first two years as a radiographer or practitioner, and those undertaking a two-year foundation degree or are within their first three years as an assistant practitioner.MSc, PhD or DProf students within the first year of graduation from a postgraduate programme.
Please note we may request evidence that you are enrolled on one of the above training courses, and as part of your application you will need to provide a name and email of a course supervisor or referee.