Why join the British Institute of Radiology?
BIR membership is open to all those with an interest in radiology, radiotherapy and allied professions.
The key benefits of BIR membership form three pillars which together bring enormous value to a career in radiology, radiotherapy or associated sciences:
Community involvement and networking
- The BIR brings together those who have enthusiasm for and interest in their subject, and the drive to help develop the science and practice of radiology and radiotherapy.
- Meeting members of the BIR community helps to form professional relationships and friendships which shape our lives and careers.
- Working through BIR committees brings many opportunities, not least those to organise scientific meetings and thereby make direct contact with the leaders of the field.
- As the oldest radiological society in the world, the BIR is part of the history and development of our field.
- The Institute and in particular our flagship journal, the British Journal of Radiology foster talents which shape the development of radiological sciences.
- Our history provides excellent opportunities for engagement with a wider public and helps us to enthuse the next generation of scientists to take up the mantle.
- Through scientific meetings and journal publications, involvement in the BIR brings the tools and information to lead practice development in our own departments.
- Our meetings and journals offer opportunities to present and publish work which are the foundations to successful careers.
- The opportunity to organise a meeting on a topic of special interest, and thereby take a meeting programme from inception right the way through to successful delivery, can be hugely rewarding.
- As with any endeavour in life, those who gain most from membership are those who engage and get involved. Once you start there is plenty to do!
Find out more about:
Company affiliate membership